#inauguration
What. A. Day. There are definitely a lot of varying opinions about Donald J. Trump becoming our 45th President of the United States of America. During this process I loved watching past presidents and leaders set aside the hate and come together. I feel this is important because in order to truly "Make America Great Again", we need to create an accepting atmosphere. I felt Trump did a decent job in addressing this issue of how we need to come together as a nation to create positive change.
Protests on protests! This particular protest took place the night before inauguration day. A statement that has become popular to those who are in fact protesting Trump is "Not my president", as well as, "We are the popular vote", (as you see on the snap-chat story from the "News" category) insisting that Trump be taken out of office because technically, he didn't win the popular vote, which does frustrate a lot of people. Many people, including celebrities attended this rally, in hopes of making a statement.
It's sad, but at this point, I think it's time to put the signs down and start supporting one another, even if that means Trump is our president. As a nation, we need to start building each other up. Yes, Trump has had very controversial statements come out of his mouth as well as on screen (twitter), but action wise, he hasn't technically done anything worth griping about. I'm putting down my pitch forks until he does something that directly effects people in an unjust and/or negative way.
Protests on protests! This particular protest took place the night before inauguration day. A statement that has become popular to those who are in fact protesting Trump is "Not my president", as well as, "We are the popular vote", (as you see on the snap-chat story from the "News" category) insisting that Trump be taken out of office because technically, he didn't win the popular vote, which does frustrate a lot of people. Many people, including celebrities attended this rally, in hopes of making a statement.
It's sad, but at this point, I think it's time to put the signs down and start supporting one another, even if that means Trump is our president. As a nation, we need to start building each other up. Yes, Trump has had very controversial statements come out of his mouth as well as on screen (twitter), but action wise, he hasn't technically done anything worth griping about. I'm putting down my pitch forks until he does something that directly effects people in an unjust and/or negative way.
I don't know what Trump has planned, but I believe every human being is important and should be treated fair. No matter their race, gender, or sexuality. Every person has value. There have been several instances where Mr. Trump has made inappropriate comments about woman, Hispanics, and other minorities. For this reason, I believe that he has created a lot of enemies not only for himself, but also for his supporters.
Throughout this whole process people have become divided, upset and even dangerous in some circumstances. There were over 200 people arrested, along with six police officers that were injured on Trumps inauguration day. YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT? This is NOT how America should be functioning! CNN Inauguration Protests goes into more detail of what took place during inauguration. It also shows a detailed video of some of the harmful protests in Washington.





Comments
Post a Comment